Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pesto and Biscuits

What's for dinner? Pesto and Biscuits
I had 9 basil plants 2 years ago that yielded me enough pesto to freeze that I am using the last of it today. What bits is that none of the basil I planted made it to now. So, I will need a new source for my freeze supply.
The pesto has whole wheat shell pasta, pesto, fresh diced tomatoes, and diced rotisserie chicken.
The biscuits are those yummy cheddar bay biscuits, like at Red Lobster. There are a lot of recipes on the internet. I dont use Bisquick so I made some up since it is the base.

I know it a shocker that I bought a cooked chicken. If I am going to do that I will get 3 or 4 meals out of it to make it worth it. Always buy them at Costco so you get the biggest bird for your money. Here is my meals with the chicken.
1 breast and back meat for pasta
1 breast split in two and served with a baked potato
1 leg and thigh for buffalo pizza
1 leg, thigh, and wings for salad

1 comment: