Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Review on Camp Post

The couscous salad was really good. I thought it would be good made ahead of time but the reviews said it was best fresh. I only had it fresh and it was really good.
Aldi no bean chili made with beef and TVP is good and did not upset my stomach. We had dogs with left over hot dogs, I was kinds opposed but they were good.
In the future I will have rain/emergent meal(s). We had rain twice and praise the Lord my in laws had a camper to retreat to. We would have been fine in our tent but our food would have been hard to prepare. I made quick meals up for Guy's backpacking so in the future I will have a one of those ready to grab. Also, tuna salad on the go packs would have been good for this problem as well.
We did eat out for 2 meals so we had a lot of food left over at the end of the weekend. I had a feeling this would happen. I had to throw some food away which I HATE! I will try to foresee a bit better.
Altogether our trip was about $25o. That is 4 nights of camping site split with Heather, 2 lunches out, duck tour in Branson, gas, a lot of ice, and a trip to Wal-Mart. The pontoon boat my in laws paid for which was a great treat. In the future I would be willing to go in on it to make it happen. It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment