Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Black Bean Burgers

What's for dinner, black bean burgers!
Tonight I tried bean burgers for the second time with much success. They have a good amount of spice to them without being too much. I did not plan ahead for toppings, Guy wanted tomato and I wanted avocado.

Black Bean Burgers, adapted from allrecipes
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1/4 bell pepper
1/4 yellow onion
2 tsp garlic powder
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1/2 t to 1 t Thai chili sauce
Blend in food processor, scrape the sides, process a bit longer until the beans are broken up.
Add:
1 egg
Blend well, then add:
1/2 c oatmeal
I use a baking stone for everything but if using a cookie sheet grease it. Divide into 4 patties. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, flip, bake 10 minutes then add cheese and bake until cheese is melted. I used pepper jack and we had tatter tots with it.

I did alter a previously posted recipe. Crock pot lasagna was good but the next day it was dry. So, I changed it to have more sauce.

For dessert last night we enjoyed a summerish delight but good whenever you are craving it.
Butterfingers Dessert
1 Angel food cake
3-4 normal size Butterfingers candy bars, crumbled
1 1/2 c powdered suger
3/4 c marg, melted
12 oz cool whip
3 egg yolks
Beat sugar, marg, and egg yolks. Fold in cool whip. Cut the cake in 1 inch slices. Lay half of the cake in a 9x13, pure 1/2 the topping, and then 1/2 the candy bar pieces. Repeat. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

I did alter a previously posted recipe. Crock pot lasagna was good but the next day it was dry. So, I changed it to have more sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment