Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Warm Beverages

What is keeping me comfy, warm beverages!
I don't like tea unless it is doctored like my coffee. So I figured out that I could make a cup of tea and add chai tea mix that does not have instant tea. This has been great because as a new mom again I need to be drinking mother's milk tea.

Tea Mix
2 c instant milk
1 c French vanilla creamer
1 1/2 c sugar
2 t cinnamon and ginger
1 t cardamom and ground cloves
Mix in food processor. If you want to include the tea, which makes great gifts, add 1 1/2 c instant tea. Makes 1 qt jar

I have been enjoying some peppermint hot cocoa that my mom got at Aldi. Well, if you shop there ever you know that they don't carry the stuff you love most but once a year. So, here is the mix I made. Once again, great gift idea.

Hot Cocoa Mixes
5 c powdered milk
1 c powdered creamer
3 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 c cocoa
Add everything to the blender. Store in mason jar. To make add about 1/3 c to cup of boiling water. Enjoy!

Modification:
2 t cinnamon
or
12 smashed candy canes, reduce powdered sugar by half


No comments:

Post a Comment