Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sloppy Joes


What's for dinner, Sloppy Joes
Once again I do try to achieve healthy meals but then I have a bad habit of then ruining them. I use pumpkin in my sloppy joes so that I dont use so much ketchup but then I am serving them with tator tots. This recipe is a sneaky way of getting pumpkin in your diet. I use 1/2 the can and the other half I usually make pancakes with the next morning.
Sloppy Joes
1# burger
1/4 c onion, diced
1/4 c bell pepper, diced
1/2 can (15oz) pumpkin, about 3/4 c
2 T bbq sauce
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t yellow mustard
1 T brown sugar
Saute onions and peppers until soft. Add burger, cook, and drain. In a 1 cup pyrex I put in the pumpkin, then bbq sauce, and then ketchup in order until you reach 1 cup. Then add garlic, mustard, and sugar. Mix and add to drained burger. Cook until heated through and thick enough for your taste.

(Altered from allrecipes sloppy joes II)

No comments:

Post a Comment