Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Greek Salad

Tip of the day- Greek Salad!
Oh, the taste of summer is in fresh tomatoes! My friend and follower Jennie introduced me to greek salad several years ago and I cant stop. The real deal is in the feta. I get a sheep and goat cheese blend at Costco that is the bees nees. When I first started buying the cheese it was French and now it is greek. Mt Vikos Feta is the brand and it is written in Greek style writing. It is $6.99 for 18 oz which is a lot for me. So, I cut the block into 4-5 slices and freeze the extra that I dont need today in baggies. This way I can have feta ready whenever my own tomatoes decide to spring up and sing.
Greek Salad
Tomatoes diced
Cucumber peeled and diced (I use English cucumbers from Costco)
Red onion sliced thinly and chopped up a bit
Olives of choice, I use black
Feta
I put equal amounts of tomato and cucumber. Toss in onion until it looks like enough and the olives. I keep the feta on the side for people to add to their liking.

Greek Dressing
1/4 EVOO
1/4 balsamic vinegar
3/4 tsp oregano, basil, garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt, pepper, onion powder, dijon mustard
Shake it all up in a tight sealing container. I also serve on the side because if there is leftovers it will trash the salad

No comments:

Post a Comment