Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's for dinner?

A follow up on the Bessy's Zesty Grilled Garlic-Herb Chicken recipe we tried Thursday night, good. The sugar caramelizes and gives a nice sweetness. Not all the marinated zucchini fit on the grill but was so good raw.
Last night we had BLAT's. That is a BLT with avocado. We smash the avocado and use it in place of mayo. They were very good. On the side we had fried okra. Mama Eppler showed me how she makes it, which is the best I have ever had. If they are fresh she washes and slices them. If frozen thaw or defrost in the micro. While they are wet toss with whole wheat flour. Then pan fry in a bit of EVOO until golden. Salt and serve, enjoy.
Tonight we are going to the South's for a shrimp boil or frogmore stew. There are a lot of different seasoning options but old bay is what we are using. So you boil up potatoes, mini corn on the cobs, sliced kielbasa, and shrimp. It should be finger likin good. If I was not expecting I would enjoy a pale ale with it.

For dessert I made mini lemon merigue pies. I will not be giving out that recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment