Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Food, First Foods

This is the first of many post on baby food. I follow two things on this subject; exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months (WHO & AAP) and Super Baby Food by Ruth Yarin.

First foods is the first step. I start with avocados first. Many people don't believe you can freeze them, oh, but you can. Buy them up on sale mash them and freeze. I did this months ahead and was ready to go when Wren was ready.

Next is rice cereal. I bought organic 'quick' cereal for a long time this time around because of our hectic May and June. Once our lives calmed down then I was able to make my own brown rice porridge. More details to come on this.
Other first foods in my book include organic whole milk yogurt, sweet potatoes (sweets pots), applesauce, and banana.
Here are my baby dishes. Two sizes of glass bowls, cheese jar for a glass, and spoons.
Food is not just for energy but it is also an area of training. Having a food that they learn to pinch and feed themselves is vitally important. They will not be spoon feed their whole lives so start from the get go that they are to learn to be self sufficient. I use puff easy melt things for the first month or so then move on to Cheerios.
More is soon to come. If you doubt this I dont blame you. I have the pictures uploaded so hopefully in the next few days you will learn about fruits and veggies. Until then, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment