Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meal Plan

Tip of the day-Meal Plan!
I plan my meals a month at a time. This works very well because the less you go to the store the
less you spend. You also get creative when you need an ingredient. A google search for substitu-
tions is how I discovered the flax seed for eggs. As I plan I look at my meal idea sheet to see what
sounds good, I might look at allrecipes for any new ideas, but most importantly I check my house
to see what still needs to be eaten. Also, we buy things like bell pepper but most of the time the
recipe calls for half. So, now you have a whole month to eat 2 recipes calling for 1/2 a bell pepper.
The beginning of the month is more fresh veggies and the end is more frozen. Same with fruit.
I buy 15 pounds of apples a month and they keep awesome in the fridge. Bananas spoil quickly
but you can freeze them and use them in smoothies at the end of the month with reconstituted
powdered milk.
Here is the spread sheet I use to plan, I have used it for over a year. The middle column is the ingredients I need for the meals the
far right is for all the things I have ran out of. I try to look ahead and plan for church pot lucks and family meals, that is the last
row. Happy planning!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlYHAZtbQCz_cDJXSkh3RkpZekxWZDc0YktXblJUYkE&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment